I had something like this when Chris and I went to a little diner for breakfast during his Christmas holidays. It was REALLY good. It is hard to find breakfast options at most restaurants, especially diners, that are meatless. I saw this on the menu I decided it was worth a try, and it was well worth it.
This morning I was hurting from my attempt at gardening yesterday so breakfast this morning had to be easy, or they were having Raisin Bran lol.
Although it is probably unnecessary to show you the ingredients I decided to do it anyways.
Basically I just diced up all the vegetables, tossed it into a frying pan with a little bit of butter and pepper and cooked it until the veggies were just starting to soften.
When they were ready I poured 7 eggs, beaten with about 1/4 cup of milk into the pan. You need to keep scraping the bottom of the pan so the eggs don’t just stick. When the eggs are just about cooked, toss in the 1 cup of grated cheese and continue scraping the pan until the eggs are fully cooked and the cheese is melted.
And that’s it. I forgot to take pictures of the beaten eggs or how it looked in the pan because the recipients of breakfast were getting restless lol, but I am sure it was unnecessary anyway!
Here it is, a Healthy Breakfast Scramble…quick to make and good for you!
Healthy Breakfast Scramble
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Servings: 2 -3
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- Pepper to Season
- 1 Sweet Pepper
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 Tomato
- 4 or 5 Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- Dice/chop all vegetables and toss into frying pan with 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine.
- Cook vegetables until just softened.
- In a large measuring cup, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the softened vegetables.
- Cook eggs, scraping bottom frequently so the eggs don’t burn or stick, until almost cooked.
- Toss in the grated cheese and cook until eggs are fully cooked and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.