Yes, I said in the crockpot lol. My house has smelled so good all afternoon with this in the crock pot! Shame I can’t even eat it!
If you are looking for something very tasty, and made in the crock pot (with minimal effort the last half hour), then this is it! The taste of Beef & Broccoli, served over hot egg noodles or rice, right in your own home…. no need for take out!
This recipe is very easy, and as a bonus, minimal dishes too! The “sauce” for the beef is mixed right in the crockpot. This is what you need.
In the crockpot bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups beef broth, 1/2 cup Soya sauce, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3 tsp. garlic powder and 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil. (I found this in the Chinese food section at my local grocery store…well worth purchasing)
Set this aside and cut your beef (I used round steak and sliced mine still partially frozen) into thin strips.
Toss the beef “strips” into the crockpot, stir it to fully cover in sauce and then cook it on low for 5 hours.
About a half hour before serving, mix together 1/3 cup cornstarch with 1/2 cup water and pour into the crockpot, stirring until all mixed in. Let cook for another 15 minutes.
Add the frozen broccoli and cook an additional 15 minutes. Serve over rice or egg noodles!
Beef & Broccoli (In the Crockpot)
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 5 1/2 hours Servings: 2 – 4
- 1 Package Round Steak (about 1 – 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup Soya Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1/3 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Package Frozen Broccoli Florets
- In the bowl of the crockpot, mix together beef broth, Soya sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and Sesame Oil. Set aside.
- Slice beef (slice while still partially frozen) into thin strips.
- Toss beef strips into crockpot, stir until coated.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- A half hour before serving, mix together cornstarch with water and pour into the crockpot, stirring until all mixed in.
- Let cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add frozen broccoli and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.