Yes, I do know that is a very big title for a recipe lol but I didn’t want to leave anything out!
I forgot to take pictures as I was going but since this is a pretty simple recipe I will still post it in case you would like to try it yourself. Even Dillon, who professes to dislike spinach cleaned his plate. Mind you, I didn’t tell him he was eating spinach until afterwards but either way they both loved it!
I gave it to them with one of the loaves of that fresh Easy French Bread I made!
Here is my recipe!
Alfredo Chicken Pasta (with spinach, sundried tomatoes and green onion)
Preparation Time: 45 minutes (including browning chicken) Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- 3 or 4 Chicken Breasts, browned and diced
- 1 Small Package of Penne Rigato, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 Package Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Sundried Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Onions
- 1 Jar Classico Alfredo Pasta Sauce, or your favourite brand (or homemade)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Brown and dice chicken. (I browned mine in olive oil and garlic)
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes and onions until well combined.
- Add the jar of Alfredo sauce and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheddar on top.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Goes great with homemade French Bread!