Here is my step by step for the Roll Up Biscuits! Again, this is an easy recipe. The hardest thing is waiting for them to be done because they smell so awesome cooking!
This is what I started with.
The first thing I had to do was to unroll the crescent rolls and divide them into 4 separate pieces, (4 pieces, each consisting of 2 crescent roll triangles) each a rectangle. Pinch the edges of the triangles together to make one piece without the serration.
Now it’s time to literally smear the crescent dough rectangles with mustard. I used about 2 Tbsp. on each rectangle.
Lay two pieces of turkey on top of the mustard, trying to cover as much of the dough as possible and then do the same with the Swiss cheese slices. I also used 2 slices of the cheese.
This is where you roll them up, starting with the shorter end, squeezing the seam a bit to make it stick.
I then sliced each “roll” into four pieces and placed them in my prepared pan.
Melt the butter/margarine in the microwave and mix in 2 Tbsp. Garlic powder and 1 tsp. mustard. Stir well to combine totally.
Using a pastry brush, brush the butter/margarine mixture all over the rolls, fully coating all of them.
Sprinkle with some dried Basil.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes until they are all browned and done.
Cut into squares and enjoy!
Turkey & Cheese Roll Up Biscuits
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 – 40 minutes Servings: 4
- .1 Pkg. Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 8 slices Cooked Turkey
- 8 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 8 Tbsp. + 1 Tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Dried Basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degree. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Roll out and separate the crescent roll dough into 4 rectangles, pinching edge or serration to join the triangles into rectangles.
- Spread mustard generously on the crescent rectangles.
- Layer each rectangle first with 2 slices of turkey and then with 2 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Roll up each rectangle, starting with the smaller end, ending with seam on the bottom.
- Slice each rectangle into 4 pieces, place in prepared baking pan.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt butter/margarine.
- Add garlic powder and the 1 Tsp. mustard to the melted butter/margarine. Stir well to combine.
- Using a pastry brush, generously brush the tops of each roll.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes until browned and ready.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.