These are cute little sandwiches that I can recall being served at just about even baby or wedding shower I was at when I was younger. They are just a cute alternative to plain old sandwiches!
Here is what I used and how to make them!
All you have to do to make these to start with is to spread the cream cheese all over one side of the Tramezzini bread. Make sure it is fully coated.
I used whipped Chive cream cheese for the sandwiches with the gherkins in them and I used a Mixed Berry whipped cream cheese for the sandwiches with the maraschino cherries in them.
Now you are going to line up either the gherkins or the maraschino cherries, depending on which sandwich you are making, along one edge of the Tramezzini.
Next your are going to roll them up, starting with the side that has the gherkins/cherries lined up on it. Roll it up tight ending with the edge of the bread on the bottom.
Slice the roll into 1 cm slices and then display on your plate!
Tramezzini Rolled Sandwiches
Preparation Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6 – 8
- 1 package (5 slices) Tramezzini Bread
- 1 500 ml bottle Sweet Gherkins
- 1 500 ml bottle Maraschino Cherries
- 1 Container Cream Cheese (I used Whipped Chive and Whipped Mixed Berry)
- Spread cream cheese on the Tramezzini bread, making sure to fully cover.
- Line up Gherkins/Cherries along one side of the covered bread.
- Roll Tramezzini, long way, ending with seam side down.
- Cut into 1cm slices.
- Place on serving plate.
Can also be made with olives in them, peanut butter and banana, baby dill pickles, strawberries or any other combination you can think of!