Today I made Chris some Haystacks… not so much to be nice but to prove a point lol. For years he has called Macaroons Haystacks and it drives me absolutely nuts. I think at first he may have actually thought they were but after a while it just became a fun game for him to drive me crazy with!!!
As much as it pained me to actually reward this behavior lol, I made him some Haystacks today to show him the difference.
I made mine out of chocolate and I added raisins instead of peanuts for a different take on them.
I hope you enjoy them as much as he was last night lol!!!
As you can see, there are minimal ingredients!
Minimal ingredients and a very easy, very fast recipe too !
To start with I measured 3/4 Cup of Peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl then added the package of chocolate chips.
I microwaved this on high for about 45 seconds to a minute, until the peanut butter is melted and then removed from microwave and stirred the mixture until all the chocolate chips were melted.
Now all I had to do was add 3 cups of dry Chow Mein noodles and 3/4 cup of raisins to the chocolate/peanut butter mixture and stir well!
Once it was well combined, I dropped it by the tablespoon onto a greased, aluminum foil lined cookie sheet and refrigerated for about 2 hours until they were set.
That’s it… the whole recipe… I told you it was easy! A quick chocolate and peanut butter fix.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 minute Chill Time: 2 hours Makes: 24-36
- 1 Package Milk Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Dry Chow Mein Noodles
- 3/4 Cup Raisins
- Grease cookie sheet, set aside.
- Add Peanut butter and chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds to 1 minute until peanut butter is melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir until all chocolate chips are melted.
- Add dry chow mein noodles and raisins to chocolate/peanut butter mixture and stir well to combine.
- Drop by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Chill 2 hours or until set.