Today, instead of making my regular banana bread, I decided to mix it up lol.
Instead of white sugar, I used brown and I added an extra egg and some maple syrup!
I started out by squishing the bananas in the bowl of my stand mixer. Really squished them into baby food lol… I mean puree!
Then I added the brown sugar and melted butter. Mixing well.
Once that was combined I added the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
45 minutes later, and voila, Maple Walnut Banana Bread! I can’t wait for it to cool so I can eat some before Chris and Dillon eat it all!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 – 50 minutes
Serving: 2 loaves
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter/margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups pureed ripe bananas, about 4 large bananas
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 2 loaf pans.
2. In bowl of stand mixer, add bananas and mix until pureed, add butter and brown sugar, mix well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add maple syrup. Mix well.
5. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into banana mixture, beating just until smooth.
6. Pour into prepared pans.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. 8. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
9. Store covered in plastic wrap at room temperature or freeze (for up to three months)