This is one of Chris and Dillon’s favourite salads. The fact that it’s so easy to make is just a bonus for me!
These are the ingredients I started out with. As you can see, there really aren’t many!
The first thing I do is to peel the cucumbers and slice them as thin as I can get them ( without losing any fingers lol), and toss them all in a big bowl.
Now I add one cup of white vinegar, 1 Tsp. Salt and enough water to fully cover the sliced cucumbers.
This needs to sit/soak in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
When the soaking time is up, drain the vinegar/water from the cucumbers.
Add the sour cream, fresh ground pepper and chopped fresh dill to the cucumbers.
Mix well and that’s it! You have cucumber salad. A very refreshing salad for a warm day, or any day for that matter!
Preparation time : 3 hours (including soaking ) Serves: 4
- 2 Large English/Seedless Cucumbers
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh Dill
- Peel and finely slice both cucumbers. Add to large bowl.
- Pour salt and vinegar over sliced cucumbers.
- Add enough water to fully cover cucumbers.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and drain.
- Add sour cream, fresh pepper and chopped fresh dill.
- Mix well. Serve cold.