Repurposed Coffee Can – Chicken Coffee Canister

I’m starting to think this week should have been designated a “repurposing” week instead of Mason Jar Crafts Week since I have only finished one Mason Jar craft so far this week!

I have two of those on the go, so stay tuned.  For now….

I have been accumulating coffee cans for us to repurpose in the craft room to hold all the crap/craft supplies we have.

While I was sitting around waiting for a service technician to fix my internet yesterday, I thought I would get to work on a coffee can I had base painted to replace the one I keep our coffee in now.  The paint on that one is starting to peel so it’s time for a new one!

 

20170523_125223

Sandie

There are no pictures of the supplies I used because other than the coffee can I only needed my paint/paintbrushes!

The first thing,  as usual, was to base paint it. That’s why I like more than one project on the go lol! Less waiting!

I’m not sure why but I chose a dark turquoise colour as my base.

I based it with everything else 😳.

 

 

When all 3 coats of base paint were dry, I drew on my pattern.  I decided to go with a cute chicken!
20170522_160259

 

As you can see,  my chicken is now drawn out on the can. I still want to add eggs and maybe some straw, but I will have to add that on after.

Now it was time to base paint the actual chicken.  I’m doing “her” black, white and red!

 

20170523_083536

 

Looking good so far!  This is where I get to “play” and make her pop!  I used “dots” for decorating her.  Just white on the black portions, a very pale yellow on her head and dot flowers on her wing.

Next was adding a bit of shading and edging on the eggs and here and there and giving her an eye!

I also added a few pieces of “straw” just to dress it up a bit!

Once all that was finished, I just had to add a few coats of sealer so the paint doesn’t start to peel off the can when we start to use it.

 

20170523_125204

 

And that’s my Repurposed Chicken Canister.  I will use it to keep our coffee in to replace the one I painted years ago!

Note: For the lid, so far all I have done is to paint it black.  I am still contemplating adding a puffy fabric top to it. I will update with photos if I do anything other than the plain black lid!

 

 

Advertisements

Please Leave a Reply, we would love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.