Today I made my “boys” a pizza meatloaf in the crock pot. I love cooking in my crock pot because I can just fill it and forget it and get on with whatever else I am up to that day.
Chris and Dillon love meatloaf but I still like to change it up once in a while. This time I made it like a sort of crust less pizza, and they loved it!. It was very filling because of all the cheese I think. Plus they had the rest of the Cucumber Salad (which lasted barely two meals for them) and garlic bread…. so they were full lol! (I also made a Raspberry Crisp, just like the Strawberry Crisp I made before… and it was delicious).
Here are the ingredients I started with. Basic ingredients most of us usually have on hand.
First thing I did was to chop up an onion and then browned the ground beef with the onions, garlic powder and oregano in the microwave until the juices run clear and there is no longer any pink. Drain the grease from the bowl.
When this was done, I added 1 cup of grated cheddar (you can also use mozzarella) to the ground beef mixture and mixed it until the cheese was melted.
I then spread and pressed it into the bottom of my prepared crock pot dish.
Next step is to spread first the pizza sauce to cover the beef mixture and then to top that with lots more grated cheese! I used cheddar again because I was out of mozzarella (I think I need to go grocery shopping lol). Spread it all over the top of the sauce.
Now it’s toppings time! You can add whatever you would put on a pizza. I sliced a leftover country sausage I had from the night before instead of pepperoni, then I added mushrooms and black olives to the top!
I cooked it on low for 4 hours and that’s it! Crock Pot Pizza Meatloaf!
Crock Pot Pizza Meatloaf
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 4 hours Servings: 4
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 3 Cups Grated Cheese, I used Cheddar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 small cans Pizza Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- Toppings, I used sliced sausage, black olives, mushrooms
- Grease crock pot dish, set aside.
- Brown ground beef in microwave on high with onions, garlic powder and oregano until juices run clear and there is no pink. About 20 minutes, if thawed.
- When browned, add 1 cup of grated cheese and mix until cheese is melted.
- Press beef mixture into the bottom of crock pot dish evenly .
- Top beef mixture with pizza sauce.
- Top pizza sauce with the remaining grated cheese. Spread evenly.
- Add toppings of your choice to the top of the cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve hot.