I saw this recipe on the Pillsbury website: https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/crunchy-nacho-dogs/5aa85f70-4c05-4084-a66f-cddede49ec23 and it just looked so good I decided to try it.
As it happens, Chris had a few friends over to “play” in the shop today so between them and Dillon I had plenty of taste testers for this recipe! And it received all thumbs up!
Now, I of course changed it up a bit from the way it was on the Pillsbury website but for the most part kept it pretty close!
This is what I started with. You can see I added an additional ingredient, and changed a bit as to what was called for in the original recipe.
Instead of sliced cheese, I used grated Mexicana and I thought it would be good with some taco sauce as well.
The first thing to do is to unroll the crescent rolls into 4 rectangles, then spread each rectangle with about 1 Tbsp. of Taco sauce and then about 1/4 cup of grated Mexicana cheese.
Add the wiener, lengthwise on the rectangle, fold over the long ends to cover up the ends of the wiener.
Next you fold over each side, one at a time and place the fold on the bottom.
I lined them all up on the greased cookie sheet then using my pastry brush, brushed them all with milk. Then it was time to roll them in the crushed Doritos!
They already look delicious! I decided I also wanted to add a bit of the grated Mexicana cheese on top of them before I baked them… just because we love melted cheese.
I baked them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, mouth watering the whole time from how good it smelled!
Don’t they look wonderful? I removed them from the pan to a plate and sent them out to the shop with some Jalapeño Mustard!
There were no leftovers, that’s for sure and everyone loved them! I will definitely be making this recipe again!
Mexican Wiener Wrap
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 Wieners, I used chicken wieners
- 2 Cups + 1/2 Cup for Sprinkling, Grated Mexicana Cheese
- 8 Tbsp. Taco Sauce, divided
- 1 Cup Crushed Doritos Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Unroll the crescent rolls into 4 rectangles.
- Spread each rectangle with taco sauce and grated cheese.
- Top with one wiener per rectangle, lengthwise.
- Start by folding up ends of crescent roll dough on long side, covering ends of wieners.
- Fold over other sides of rectangle, one at a time, placing fold on bottom.
- Brush each “roll” with milk.
- Roll each one is crushed Doritos to coat.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of Dorito coating.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
I served mine with Jalapeño Mustard but can be served with remaining taco sauce, ketchup or whatever you wish.