I don’t know why but I had, a real hankering for Bruschetta last night.
I had picked up a whole box of tomatoes when we were at the grocery store and a little garlic baguette so it just seemed like the perfect thing to do with them!
As you probably already know, there are not a whole lot of ingredients that go into Bruschetta. I didn’t have any fresh basil, so I just used the dried version.
I started out by dicing the fresh tomatoes and chopping the green onions. I added the dried basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mixed it all up.
Now I sliced the garlic baguette into about 3/4″ slices, gave it a quick spread of margarine and popped it into a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
Next I spooned the tomato mixture onto the garlic slice toast and then sprinkled that with some crumbled feta.
I popped this back in the oven for another 15 minutes and had some Bruschetta to ease the hankering!
Preparation time : 20 minutes Cook Time : 25 minutes Servings : 4
- Baguette, I used a garlic one
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- 1 Tbsp fresh or dried basil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Butter/margarine to spread in sliced baguette
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
- Dice tomatoes and chop green onions into a medium bowl.
- Add basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to the tomatoes and onions. Set aside.
- Slice bread into about 3/4″ slices and spread lightly with margarine.
- Toast bread in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon tomato mixture on the toasted bread.
- Top this with the crumbled feta and place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!