Last night I was looking for something fast to make for dinner, something that didn’t require the oven to be on for long in this heat we are enduring.
I remembered that I bought a few more cans of crescent roll dough and I knew I had the other ingredients, so pizza for dinner it was! And there were NO leftovers!
Here is everything I started out with.
I started out by chopping up the sausages (I had some leftover from the other night), tomatoes and peppers and grating the cheese. I also drained the can of pineapple tidbits I was using.
That was the hard part of making pizza this way lol. Now I spread the 2 cans of crescent roll dough onto my cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. I baked that for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Once that was baked I started assembling the pizza. I started with the sauce and then a thin sprinkle of the grated cheese. (Chris tells me this keeps the toppings from falling off!)
Next come the toppings. What you put on your pizza is up to you. I used grape tomatoes, green peppers, pepperoni, sliced sausage and pineapple. In my opinion, you can’t have a pizza without pineapple.
You can see which portion of the pizza is mine… no meat on it 😦
I generously sprinkled the remaining cheese on top of all of that and then I baked it for another 15 minutes, still at 375 degrees.
And voila, crescent roll pizza for dinner!
Crescent Roll Pizza
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 8
- 2 Cans Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
- 3 Cups Grated Mozzarella, divided
- 1 Can (or homemade) Pizza Sauce
- Toppings for pizza, I used pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes, green pepper, pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread both cans of crescent dough on cookie sheet, covering evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Prepare/chop vegetables and/or toppings for pizza.
- After allotted time, remove crescent roll crust from oven.
- Spread with pizza sauce and 1/2 cup grated mozzarella.
- Sprinkle preferred toppings on pizza.
- Cover toppings with remaining grated mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 for additional 15 minutes. Serve.