I bought some chicken drumsticks on sale this week at the grocery store. I had no idea what I was going to make with them at the time but today I decided to make some Spicy Cajun type Drumsticks for “the boys” for dinner, along with some “Sort of Greek Potatoes & Peppers” which I will post tomorrow!
This is a very fast and easy recipe. It’s ready for the oven in about 5 minutes and tastes great!
Here are the ingredients I started out with today.
I placed my drumsticks in the pan I had already prepared.
In a large measuring cup, melt 5 Tbsp. of butter/margarine. Once melted, add the onion powder, basil leaves, oregano, cayenne pepper, Sriracha and hot sauce. Whisk to combine it well.
Pour the butter and spice mixture evenly over all the drumsticks. Make sure they are all well coated.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Spicy Cajun Drumsticks
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 30 – 40 minutes Servings: 2 – 4
- 6 – 10 chicken drumsticks
- 5 Tbsp. Butter/Margarine
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaves
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Place drumsticks in baking pan in one layer.
- Melt butter/margarine in microwave for about 30 sec. to 1 minute.
- Add spices to melted butter/margarine, whisk to combine spices well with butter/margarine.
- Pour butter mixture over drumsticks, making sure to coat each one completely.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes.