I know, it’s a strange title but I didn’t think these actually qualified as authentic Greek, but they do have different tastes that fall under Greek cooking so I decided to go with that recipe title lol!
This is what I started with.
The first thing I did was to slice up some peppers. I used mostly green peppers but added red and yellow as well. I chopped up the green onions, all of them into a large mixing bowl.
I cut my little potatoes in half and put them in the microwave for about 7 minutes to partially cook them (because I want to cook them at 400 to crisp them up and I didn’t want to burn the peppers and onions too much).
I added them to the bowl with the peppers and onions.
To the potatoes/pepper mixture I added the olive oil, feta cheese, garlic powder and oregano and mixed it all up.
I dumped all of this into my prepared pan and popped it in the oven at 400 for 30 – 40 minutes.
And this is my Sort of Greek Potatoes & Peppers!
My Sort of Greek Potatoes & Peppers
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time; 30 – 40 minutes Servings: 2 – 4
- 1 small bag of mini red potatoes
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup each of yellow and red peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Slice peppers and onions into a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, cut mini potatoes in half and microwave on high for about 7 minutes to partially cook.
- Add potatoes, once partially cooked to bowl with peppers and onions and mix.
- Add feta cheese, garlic powder, oregano and olive oil to potato mixture.
- Stir well and then pour potato and pepper mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 for 30 – 40 minutes until potatoes are crispy and browned.