Now before anyone gets any crazy ideas…. the “Pot” in “Pot-Chos” is for the potato portion, not something nefarious lol!
I wanted to make something different with my potatoes last night with dinner and this is what popped into my head. I don’t know if it was an original thought (unlikely at this point lol) or not but it sure sounded like a good idea to me!
I started off by slicing my potatoes about a half inch thick, leaving off the ends, throwing them in a baggie with some olive oil, garlic powder and grated parmesan and then baking them at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes a side… until they were starting to brown.
When that was done, I put about a teaspoon of Taco sauce on each slice. I got excited and forgot to take pictures until this point.
After this, I sprinkled some grated cheddar, mine was old, some bacon bits and then some finely chopped green onions on top.
I placed this back in the oven at 375 degrees for another 20 – 25 minutes until they were browned and the cheese was melted.
Note: I did the first part of this recipe in the morning and refrigerated it so that at dinner time I only had to sprinkle the cheese, bacon and onions on top and return to the oven to finish cooking.
This is what came out of the oven…. and bacon bits or not… I tried a couple and they were really good!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 60 minutes in total Servings: 4
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sliced potatoes in large baggie with olive oil, garlic powder and parmesan. Shake to ensure all potatoes are coated.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes per side, flipping half way through.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with first grated cheddar, then bacon bits and green onions.
- Return to oven for an additional 20 minutes or until they are browned and cheese is melted.