Last night I made these meatballs for “the boys” for dinner with the Pot-Chos I posted earlier. Now Chris wasn’t a huge fan although he did still eat most of his, but Dillon cleaned his plate, so go figure?
This is the ingredients I started with… at least I hope I didn’t leave anything out this time!
To start with, I mixed the ground turkey, spinach and green onions in a large bowl.
Next I added the egg, bread crumbs/oatmeal, parmesan, garlic powder and chicken broth.
Okay, I did forget something in the ingredients picture… but only because I didn’t have enough bread crumbs… I ended up using oatmeal instead with just the sprinkle of bread crumbs I had.
I mixed it all together, let it sit for about 5 minutes so everything could “stick” well to each other…
And then I started rolling. I made fairly large meatballs. I think I ended up with about 20 meatballs from 1 lb. of ground turkey.
I baked these at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, turning them over part way so all sides were browned.
And then I topped them with some Honey Garlic BBQ sauce, but you can top them with whatever you normally use, or eat them as is.
Turkey, Spinach and Parmesan Meatballs
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 – 45 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1/2 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained of water
- 1/4 chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, spinach and green onions. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs, parmesan, egg, broth and garlic powder.
- Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Roll in to 1 inch balls and place in baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes, turning part way through, until browned.
- Serve on their own or with your favourite meatball sauce.