This time I decided to make a sort of lasagna but I used egg noodles instead of lasagna noodles and a cream cheese filling instead of cottage cheese. I honestly didn’t know what it would taste like but it got two thumbs up from “the boys.”
It was very filling so I have enough for a whole other meal from them in the freezer now!
Here are the ingredients I started out with. I didn’t have as many egg noodles as I thought I did, but I did have a Sidekicks on hand that I bought when they were on sale, so I just dumped the whole package in the boiling water with the egg noodles. I figured a little bit of extra flavour wasn’t going to hurt anything.
I also decided part way through to add some quartered cherry tomatoes to the meat mixture and some chopped red peppers to the cream cheese. That is why they aren’t in the picture.
I started out by browning the ground beef in the microwave until it was fully cooked and the juices ran clear.
To this, I added the pizza sauce, garlic powder, oregano and the quartered tomatoes.
Here it is all mixed up and set aside.
I softened the cream cheese in the microwave for about 1 minute and added the chopped red peppers and then started layering.
I put half the cooked egg noodles in the bottom of my prepared pan.
I spread half of the softened cream cheese on top of the noodles, trying to spread it evenly over the noodle layer.
Next I added half of the ground beef mixture.
I repeated the three layers using the remaining of all mixtures.
Topped it with grated mozzarella and put it in a 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes, until the cheese was melted and bubbly.
I served it with some garlic bread and salad.
Beef Noodle Lasagna
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 8 oz. tub garlic & chive cream cheese
- 1 small can pizza sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 10 x 10 or 9 x 13 pan.
- Brown ground beef in microwave until fully cooked and juices run clear.
- Drain and add pizza sauce, cherry tomatoes, garlic powder and oregano. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute.
- Add chopped red peppers. Set aside.
- Put half the egg noodles in the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on top of the noodles, spreading evenly.
- Top with ground beef mixture.
- Repeat the three layers, using remaining mixtures.
- Top with grated mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 for 40 – 45 minutes until fully cooked and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot.