Have you ever wanted a good feed of lasagna but didn’t want to heat the kitchen up? Crock pot lasagna to the rescue lol!
It tastes exactly like conventional lasagna except you make it in your crock pot…. and you don’t have to precook the noodles!
Here is what I started with. The same ingredients you would normally use to make lasagna.
I started by browning the ground beef in the microwave, adding the chopped onion about half way through to soften them.
Cook the ground beef fully and until juices run clear.
While that’s cooking, I mixed together the cottage cheese, eggs and Parmesan to combine.
Once the ground beef and onions are done, add your spaghetti sauce, from a jar or homemade. I forgot to take mine out to thaw, so from a jar it is.
Now you can start to layer in your greased crock pot dish. I always put a bit of sauce in the bottom of the dish, whether in the crock pot or oven.
Add a layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles, breaking them as needed to cover as much of the dish as possible. It doesn’t have to be pretty!
Next a layer of the meat mixture.
Then cottage cheese….
And grated cheese.
Add another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles and repeat, ending with another layer of noodles.
Spread the remaining 1 cup of sauce evenly over the layer of noodles.
Top with the remaining cup of grated cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan then sprinkle with oregano.
Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours and you have a delicious lasagna dinner without turning the oven on! Serve with garlic sticks and a Caesar salad!
Crock Pot Lasagna
Preparation time : 30 minutes Cook Time : 4 – 6 hours Servings : 4 – 6
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 500ml tub Cottage cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Parmesan, divided
- 3 cups grated cheese, divided
- 1 box dry lasagna noodles
- Grease crock pot dish.
- Brown ground beef in microwave, adding onions half way through, until fully cooked and juices run clear.
- Add pasta sauce and mix. Set aside one cup.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cottage cheese, eggs and 1/2 the Parmesan.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture on the bottom of the crock pot dish.
- Start layering. Dry lasagna noodles, half meat mixture, then half the cottage cheese, 1 cup of grated cheese and then another layer of the dry lasagna noodles.
- Repeat layers, ending with a lasagna noodles layer.
- Spread the remaining sauce, covering the noodles evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese, Parmesan and oregano.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.