I saw this recipe somewhere. I would guess on pinterest, but I don’t remember. I do recall how good they looked so I had to try them!
These are the whole 2 ingredients required!
You start out by greasing your muffin tin and then squishing the flattened cinnamon rolls into the tins. I found it easier to flatten them before I tried to put them in the tin.
(I added a little bit of water in the empty muffin tin cups just so it didn’t burn or smoke.)
Once you have all the cinnamon roll dough squished into and up the sides of the muffin tin cups, you are going to spoon the apple pie filling into the “tart shells ” you made with the cinnamon roll dough.
I over filled mine. Not purposely, but I didn’t mind lol.
I baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. I let them cool for a few minutes and then drizzled them with the icing provided with the cinnamon rolls.
Now, Chris likes them better warm but I really don’t have a preference. They are just delicious!
Cinnamon Roll Apple Tarts
Preparation time : 10 minutes Cook Time : 20 minutes Servings : 8
- 1 tube Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll dough
- 1 can Apple Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease muffin tin.
- Press individual cinnamon rolls into muffin tin cups to form tart shell.
- Spoon pie filling into tart shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes then drizzle with included with cinnamon roll dough.