I haven’t done so well the past few days with my posts. Between Dr’s appointments and everything else I just haven’t had a chance.
I decided to try to sneak in a quick post on my phone with a family favourite summer dessert because I will be out of town tomorrow for another Dr’s appointment!
My family has been making this exact recipe for as long as I can remember. It is one of our go to dessert recipes that everyone loves!
It isn’t as sweet or heavy as some cheesecakes can be, making it perfect for a summer dessert.
Here are the ingredients I used.
I started out by mixing together the graham crumbs and brown sugar.
I added the melted butter and mixed until crumbly.
I dumped it all into my greased 9 x 13 pan.
Andthen I used the bottom of a glass, well greased to press it into the pan.
I set this in the fridge while I make the filling.
To make the filling, I begin by preparing the dessert topping according to the package directions.
While it is mixing I cube the softened cream cheese.
When the dessert topping is done, I add the cubed cream cheese.
And blend until there are no lumps.
Spread the filling on the prepared crust and chill for at least 3 hours.
Now all I do is spread the whole can of cherry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese filling and chill until serving!
Preparation Time : 25 minutes Chill Time : 3 hours Servings : 12
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 – 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 Package, 2 envelopes dessert topping
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Grease 9 x 13 baking pan
- Mix together graham crumbs and brown sugar.
- Melt margarine in microwave then add to graham crumbs mixture.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- Chill while preparing the filling.
- For filling – prepare dessert topping according to the directions on the package.
- Cube softened cream cheese then add to prepared dessert topping.
- Mix until no lumps remain.
- Spread over graham crust.
- Chill 3 hours or overnight.
- Spread cherry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill until serving.