I love pierogi! It doesn’t matter how they are cooked, I love them. So do “the boys.” When I was making dinner the other night I had thawed a package of them and was trying to decide how to cook them.
Loaded pierogi popped into my head, so that is what I did!
This is what I decided to use to make these. (Sorry about the blurry picture)
I greased the pan I was going to use first so nothing stuck, then melted about 5 Tbsp. of margarine in the microwave. I put the pierogi in the pan and poured the melted margarine on them, stirring to make sure then were all well coated. Next I topped them with about 1 cup of chopped green onions.
I covered the pan and baked these at 375 for 45 minutes, removed them from the oven and sprinkled the grated cheese and cooked, chopped bacon. I put this back in the oven for another 15 minutes to melt the cheese and crisp up the bacon a bit more.
While they were cooking, I heated up a cup of sour cream in the microwave for about 45 seconds then spooned it into a sandwich bag. I cut one corner off of the bag and piped the sour cream all over the pierogi, onions, cheese and bacon.
And there you have it! Loaded pierogi! And let me tell you, bacon be damned, they were delicious!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour Servings: 4
- 1 package frozen pierogi, thawed
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 5 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, Grease baking pan.
- Place thawed pierogi in pan.
- Melt margarine, pour over pierogi stirring to fully coat all pierogi.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove foil and top with grated cheese and then chopped bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, still at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat sour cream in microwave for about 45 seconds then spoon into sandwich bag.
- Cut corner off of sandwich bag and pipe all over top of pierogis and toppings.
- Serve immediately