I have been reading a lot about Bok Choy and how good it is for you. Considering it is a part of the cabbage family and we love cabbage, I decided we were going to try some!
I checked out different recipes online to see how you actually cooked it and sort of put together my own version of a Bok Choy recipe with some garlic, bacon and celery.
I started off by roughly chopping celery and some of that pre-cooked bacon in my frying pan along with some butter and garlic powder.
I fried this for about 5 minutes over medium heat until the celery was just starting to soften and the bacon crisped up a bit.
While this was cooking, I trimmed the bok choy and put it in a bowl of cold water twice, swishing it around to clean it .
When the celery and bacon were cooked how I wanted them, I added the bok choy leaves and while stirring it constantly, let it cook with the celery and bacon for about 2 minutes.
I served it up with homemade Chinese fried rice and some hot sausages cooked in the maple bacon bbq sauce and that was dinner for Chris and I tonight!
Bacon Bok Choy
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 7 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 Package Baby Bok Choy
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- Roughly chop celery and bacon.
- Add to frying pan with garlic powder and butter.
- Fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until celery starts to soften and bacon starts to crisp.
- While this is cooking, trim bottoms off of bok choy and put in bowl of cold water to rinse. Repeat and set aside.
- When celery and bacon are done, add bok choy to pan.
- Cook over medium heat for another 2 minutes, just until bok choy starts to wilt.
- Serve immediately.