Hopefully today I will be able to pull out my sewing machine and make some of the things I’ve been wanting to do for awhile, but for now….
Today I decided to make a treat for Chris. One of his favourite chocolate bars are the fruit and nut kind. I had some leftover ingredients from previous recipes and thought I could use them up by making him a Fruit & Nut Marbled Chocolate Bark!
This would also make a great gift for someone, wrapped up nice!
This is what I started with. I had some white Baker’s chocolate, about a cup of milk chocolate chips, a cup of shredded coconut, some chopped nuts and I had about a half a cup of toffee bits too!
I started by breaking up the white Baker’s chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
I melted it in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment until the white chocolate was melted and smooth. About 2 minutes.
NOTE: When I am making something with two or more kinds of melted ingredients, I fill my sink with really hot water and let the bowls sit in that until I am ready for them. It keeps them melted enough to use.
I then put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl melting it on high in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. About 1 1/2 minutes.
While that was in the microwave I poured all the “fruit and nuts” into the melted white chocolate.
I mixed it all up and this is what it looked like.
In my parchment paper lined pan, I drizzled about half of the melted milk chocolate.
I dropped a few spoonful’s of the white chocolate mixture on top and swirled them together.
I dropped the remaining white chocolate by the spoonful on top of this, drizzled the remaining milk chocolate on top of that and using a sharp knife, swirled/marbled them together.
I place the pan in the fridge for a few hours to let it set. Broke it up into pieces and this is my Fruit & Nut Marbled Chocolate Bark!
Fruit & Nut Marbled Chocolate Bark
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Chill Time: 2 – 3 hours
- 2 packages Baker’s white chocolate squares
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Semi Chopped Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Toffee Bits
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, break apart white chocolate squares.
- Microwave on high in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. About 2 minutes.
- Place bowl in sink of very hot water to maintain the melt.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add milk chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- While chocolate chips are melting, pour remaining ingredients into melted white chocolate.
- Mix well to combine.
- Drizzle half of the melted milk chocolate in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top milk chocolate with half of the white chocolate mixture by the spoonful.
- Swirl the two together to partially combine.
- Top this with the remaining white chocolate mixture by the spoonful.
- Drizzle the remaining milk chocolate on top of this.
- Using a sharp knife, pull the knife from side to side, in each direction to create a “marble” effect.
- Place pan in fridge and chill for 2 – 3 hours until set.
- Break into pieces and serve.