I couldn’t decide what to make with dinner tonight to go with the Souvlaki “the boys” are having. I remembered buying some fresh bean sprouts, and I love even just the sprouts fried in a little butter! Yum!
This time I am going to add to it to make a nice healthy side dish that I can eat too!
I started out with my bean sprouts, then I decided I would add some green onions, celery, mushrooms, Soya sauce and a little bit of sesame oil!
I chopped up all the veggies and added the celery, green onions and mushrooms to my big frying pan with a Tbsp of butter.
These I cooked over medium high heat until they are just starting to soften, about 6 minutes.
When they are done, I added first the soya sauce and Sesame oil, mixing it in well with the other veggies.
Next I tossed in the bean sprouts, mixed them up with the other veggies and cooked it for another 5 minutes until the sprouts were starting to soften.
Serve immediately with sesame seeds and hot pepper flakes (Optional ). Enjoy!
Bean Sprouts and Veggies
Preparation Time : 15 minutes Cooking Time : 15 minutes Servings : 4
- 1 Bag Fresh Bean Sprouts
- 2 Green Onions
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 1 Cup Diced Mushroom
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- Sesame seeds (optional )
- Hot Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Chop celery, onions and mushrooms. Place in large frying pan with the 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Fry over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, until the veggies are just starting to soften.
- Add soya sauce and Sesame oil and mix well.
- Toss in bean sprouts , mix to combine.
- Cook an additional 5 – 6 minutes until the bean sprouts are just starting to soften.
- Remove from heat, serve immediately with sesame seeds and hot pepper flakes (Optional )