For ages we’ve had this really ugly little coffee table in what we call the “middle garage ” that Dillon used and abused through high school lol.
When Chris and I decided to rearrange things on the back deck I decided to try to recycle this coffee table.
These pictures are the before and after photos!
This is what it looked like post- Dillon! As you can see, well abused!
I had to start by removing all of the electrical tape “designs?” Then I used a palm sander to even out all the different colours of paint he added, lol.
Still doesn’t look great, but well on its way!
Now I added 3 coats of the colour paint I wanted it to become. I decided to just paint the top and leave the wood framing and legs their original finish. I used a taupe colour to match the outdoor furniture.
I was going to leave it at that, but no, didn’t happen.
I was looking at the flower design on the cushions of the bench seat and decided to add a couple of those to the table.
I was out of tracing paper, so I had to improvise and use parchment paper 😕 to trace the design. Hey, it worked lol!
I took a close up picture of the flower so I could use it as reference while I painted.
I transferred the design where I wanted it on my table using carbon paper.
Then started to base paint.
Here are the flowers and leaves after base painting.
I painted in the accents as close to the original design as possible.
I outlined everything with black.
This is the table pre-sealer.
I gave it 3 coats of sealer, and this is our new/old coffee table in service on the back deck!
Oh, and I finally found one of those plastic planter urns to match the outdoor. Ages ago, I saw one of these used for an outdoor dog water bowl and have been looking for one to match ever since! Found it at Walmart when Dillon and I were there!