For dinner tonight I made a Taco bake. Nothing fancy but good stick to your ribs food!
Serve it up with some bread and salad and you have a quick meal.
These are the ingredients I started out with.
I started off by browning the ground beef with the onions in the microwave for about 7 minutes.
I added all but 1 tbsp. of the taco/fajita seasoning to the beef and onions and mixed well.
I cut my tortillas into quarters because my pan was square and I wanted it to cover all of it.
I spread about 3/4 cup of the beef mixture in the bottom of my prepared pan.
Topped this with enough quartered tortillas to fully cover the meat.
Next I spread about 2 cups of the beef mixture on top of the tortillas, along with the tomatoes. (I forgot to take a picture before I started to add the tomatoes)
I topped this with half the corn.
And then about 1 cup of grated cheese.
I topped with another layer of quartered tortilla and then the remaining beef mixture, tomatoes, corn and cheese, and then sprinkled the remaining tablespoon of taco/fajita seasoning on top.
Now I baked it at 350 for 30 minutes until it was heated through and the cheese was bubbling.
Quick and Easy Taco Bake
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 package taco of fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, partially drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups grated cheddar, I used the Mexican blend
- 4 – 6″ tortillas, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan.
- Brown ground beef in microwave with onions until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Add all but 1 tbsp. of taco/fajita seasoning and mix well.
- Quarter tortillas so they will fit in pan.
- Partially drain diced tomatoes.
- In the bottom of prepared pan, spread about 3/4 cup beef mixture.
- Top with 8 pieces of the quartered tortillas, making sure to completely cover meat.
- Top with 2 cups of beef mixture.
- Spread the tomatoes and corn on top of beef mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the grated cheese on top of tomatoes and corn.
- Top with another 8 of the quartered tortillas to completely cover previous layer.
- Finish by spreading remaining ingredients in the same order on top of the last tortilla layer.
- Sprinkle with the 1 tbsp. of taco/fajita seasoning set aside before.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until heated through and cheese is bubbly.