Last night for dinner I made these great balsamic honey drumsticks and some red beans and rice. When Chris and I were in Oshawa a few weeks back, we stopped at Popeyes Chicken and I had a wrap with red beans and rice and loved it. I made that with dinner too, recipe coming tomorrow!
I started out with drumsticks obviously lol, and the other ingredients shown below.
I thawed and rinsed the drumsticks and put them in a large freezer bag.
In a 4 cup measuring cup I put the remaining ingredients and whisked them all together.
I poured this mixture over the chicken in the freezer bag then placed the sealed bag in a baking pan in the fridge to marinate for 3 hours. Every half hour or so I flipped the bag so it marinated evenly.
I lined the baking pan with parchment paper and greased it well, placed the drumsticks in the pan and poured a bit of the marinade on them.
I baked this at 375 for 30 minutes, then turned the oven up to 425 and baked it for an additional 15 minutes.
They came out of the oven browned, juicy and smelling awesome!
I thought there might be leftovers for another night but “the boys ” ate 4 of them each lol!
Balsamic Honey Drumsticks
Preparation time : 10 minutes Marinating Time : 3 hours Cooking Time : 45 minutes Servings : 4?
- 10 – 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Crushed chili peppers
- 4 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper and grease well.
- Thaw and rinse drumsticks and place in large freezer bag.
- In a 4 cup measuring cup, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into freezer bag with drumsticks.
- Lay freezer bag down in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Allow to marinate in fridge for 3 hours, flipping bag every half hour to marinate evenly.
- After 3 hours, place drum in prepared pan, pouring about 1/2 cup of the marinade over drumsticks.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and baste.
- Return to a 425 degree oven for an additional 15 minutes. Serve.