Yesterday I decided to try something different with my Rice Krispies squares. As much as I love them, sometimes I get bored of the same thing every time…
I began with my Krispie cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, marshmallows and margarine. (I only had the coloured marshmallows, but that still works lol)
I put the package of chocolate chips, marshmallows, peanut butter and margarine in a large bowl.
And I microwaved this in 30 second intervals until it was fully melted. It took about 2 minutes.
I poured in the Krispie cereal and then mixed it all up. You need to mix it fairly quickly as the chocolate will start to thicken back up fast.
Dump it all into your prepared pan and using your greased hands (I just sprayed one hand with cooking spray and rubbed them together) press firmly to fit pan.
Chill in fridge until set. About 2 hours and then cut into squares.
PB & Chocolate Krispie Squares
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 2 minutes Servings: 24
- 5 cups Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 1 package Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Line 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add marshmallows, chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine.
- Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until everything is melted, stirring after each interval. About 2 minutes.
- Once melted, add Krispie and mix well to combine.
- Dump Krispies into prepared pan. Using greased hands, press firmly into pan.
- Chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.