Yes, I know the title doesn’t sound so great, but that is pretty much what they are!
A few weeks back Dillon asked me if I could make meatloaf cupcakes. I have been mulling that over and have a pretty fair idea of how I will do it…. so stay tuned for that one lol. While that was on my mind, I came across an idea for hamburger cupcakes somewhere and decided that was what I was making first.
These are quick to make and tasted great! I hope you enjoy!
Here are the ingredients I used to make these.
I started off by browning the ground beef in the microwave on high with the onions and garlic. It took about 5 minutes and then I drained it.
Next I added the ketchup.
Mixed it all up and set it aside until I was done the next step.
I greased a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, buttered the hamburger buns and pressed each half into one of the muffin tin cups, making a “shell” with them, then put them in the oven to lightly toast them for about 5 minutes.
I spread the beef mixture evenly between the 12 “shells.”
Next I put a slice of pickle on each one.
I added strips of precooked bacon to most of them.
And then placed a square of cheese on each one.
I baked them at 375 degrees for 15 minutes and served.
Cute little, half bun Hamburger Cupcakes!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Servings: 12
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 tbsp. ketchup
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- butter/margarine to butter buns
- 12 pickle pieces/chips
- 4 slices precooked bacon, cut in quarters
- 3 slices thick sliced cheese, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin cups with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef in microwave on high for 5 minutes, with onions and garlic, until done and juices run clear. Drain.
- Add ketchup to ground beef mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- Butter each half of hamburger buns.
- Press into prepared muffin tin cups, forming a “shell” in each cup.
- Bake “shells” for 5 minutes at 375 degrees to lightly toast.
- Divide beef mixture evenly between the 12 “shells.”
- Place one pickle piece/chip on each cupcake.
- Place 2 quarters of bacon on each cupcake.
- Top with the quartered cheese slices.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.