Yesterday I wanted to make something different for “the boys” lunches. I like to make their snacks as much as I can and sometimes like to change it up.
Yes, I know…. PB again? In my defense, PB is good for you and it just tastes so damn good lol! I decided that instead of just plain crispy squares or a square type treat that I would try rolling the crispy cereal with a PB filling.
Let me tell you, they taste delicious!
Here are my ingredients.
I started by making the PB filling so it could sit in the fridge for a little bit while I made the crispy cereal part.
I put the PB, margarine, icing sugar, milk and vanilla in the bowl of my stand mixer and mixed it until it was well combined and fluffy. I put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
For the crispy part, I put my marshmallows and margarine in a large microwave safe bowl and cooked it on high for about 90 seconds until the marshmallows and margarine were completely melted, stirring once in the middle.
When it was done in the microwave, I mixed in 3 Tbsp. of cocoa powder and 1 tsp. vanilla and mixed it well.
I added the crispy cereal next and mixed until all the pieces of cereal were well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
I generously greased a parchment paper lined cookie sheet…. and my hands… don’t forget to grease your hands lol.
And then I pressed the crispy cereal mixture into/onto the covered/prepared cookie sheet. I let that sit for 5 minutes.
I put the PB filling on top of the crispy cereal.
I spread it to cover the whole thing.
And then I rolled it up from the wide end, jelly roll style, again making sure to grease your hands.
I refrigerated it for about 1 hour and then sliced it.
They swirl didn’t turn out quite as well as I had hoped but the taste sure made up for it!
Chocolate & PB Rice Crispy Cereal Rolls
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 90 seconds Chill Time: 1 hour Servings: 24 slices
- 5 cups crispy cereal
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Place all ingredients in bowl of stand mixer.
- Mix until well blended and fluffy.
- Set aside in fridge until next step.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and generously grease.
- In large microwave bowl, add marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high for about 90 seconds until melted, mix well to combine.
- Add cocoa and vanilla to melted marshmallow mixture and mix well.
- Pour crispy cereal into marshmallow mixture and stir until cereal is completely coated.
- Press cereal mixture evenly onto cookie sheet. Let sit 5 minutes.
To Prepare Roll
- Spread PB mixture onto crispy layer, making sure to cover entire surface.
- Roll from the wide edge, jelly roll style, placing seam at the bottom.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices.
NOTE: If you want a thicker PB filling, double filling recipe.