I made these a while back and they disappeared quickly! My father-in-law is coming up tomorrow to go fishing with Chris so I thought I would do some baking today to pack a nice lunch for the two of them while they are on the water!
Here are my ingredients, all ready to go.
I put the sugar and corn syrup in a large microwave safe bowl.
I mixed it up and cooked it on high heat for 2 minutes, until the sugar was all dissolved.
Next I added the peanut butter.
And stirred that until it was melted and blended with the sugar and corn syrup.
I added the corn flakes.
And mixed it all up, making sure all of the corn flakes are covered in the peanut butter mixture.
I dropped it by the tablespoon full onto wax paper lined cookie sheets and chilled until set. About 2 hours.
Two hours later we had delicious, crispy peanut butter corn flake cookies!
Peanut Butter Corn Flake Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Chill Time: 2 hours Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups corn flakes
- Line cookie sheets with waxed paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl add corn syrup and sugar. Mix.
- Microwave on high heat for 2 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add peanut butter to sugar and corn syrup mixture and stir until peanut butter is melted and combined.
- Pour in corn flakes and mix well, making sure all corn flakes are coated.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Chill 2 hours or until set.