I have heard of these for ages but never actually made them… today was the day. I did cheat with the “ookie” part of them but I did make the brownie part from scratch. Hopefully that counts for something lol!
This is a picture of the ingredients I started with.
I made my brownie batter first. I put the melted margarine, sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
Mixed it all up. It does look sort of grainy once mixed but that is normal.
Next I added the eggs and vanilla and mixed until smooth.
It has a much smoother texture now.
I added the flour and salt.
Mixed the flour in and then set it aside until the cookie part was done.
Now I took the refrigerated cookie dough and pressed it into a “shell” in the prepared mini muffin pan tin cups.
I spooned brownie batter into each cup, filling it even with the top.
And baked them for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 24 mini Brookies
- 1 tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup margarine/butter, melted
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cups of mini muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, cocoa and melted margarine. Mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add flour and salt, mix until just combined. Set aside.
- Cut refrigerated cookie dough into 24 even pieces.
- Press each piece into the muffin tin cups, forming a tart shell.
- Spoon brownie batter into each “shell,” filling to the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, until brownie centre is fully cooked.
- Let cool 10 minutes then remove to plate.