I tried something a little different for dinner last night. Instead of putting stuff on my chicken breasts, I put stuff in them!
These are the ingredients I used.
I started by rinsing the chicken, patting it dry and then cut 6 slices partially through the top of them.
I put 2 pieces of pepper in each slice.
And then slices of Monterey jack cheese in each slice with the peppers.
I moved them into a parchment paper lined pan, because I knew it would get a bit messy.
Brushed them with olive oil and sprinkled taco seasoning on top.
I added chopped green onion on top of everything.
And Baked it at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until the chicken was fully done.
Preparation time : 20 minutes Cook Time : 30 -40 minutes Servings : 2
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 6 slices Monterey jack cheese, cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Place on cutting board and make 6 slices in each breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place a slice of red and yellow pepper in each slice.
- Put one of the halves of Monterey jack cheese in each slice, beside the peppers.
- Lift prepared chicken breasts into prepared pan.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Top with chopped green onion.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes, until fully cooked and cheese is melted and browned.