When I bought groceries Friday I bought some strawberries… not because I had any clue what I was going to do with them but because they just looked and smelled so good. I suppose I could have just cut them and we could have had them like that maybe with some ice cream but we have our nephew up this weekend for a visit so I thought I would actually bake something with them.
Now, I only had a Rainbow Bits cake mix in the cupboard because we don’t generally make cake mixes but what is a few sprinkles in a dump cake lol?
Here is what I used.
I hulled and cut the strawberries and put them in the bottom of my greased pan then squeezed the juice from half the lemon onto the strawberries and mixed it up.
I sprinkled the brown sugar to cover the strawberries.
Next I poured the entire box of cake mix over top of the strawberries and smoothed it with a spoon.
Now I put the dabs/tablespoons of butter evenly across the top of the cake mix.
I baked it at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, when it was nice and browned and the strawberry base was bubbling.
Fresh Strawberry Dump Cake
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 pint strawberries
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cake mix, I used Rainbow Bit
- 12 Tbsp. Butter/Margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 9 or 9 x 13 pan.
- Hull and slice strawberries into prepared pan.
- Squeeze juice from half a lemon onto strawberries and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of strawberries.
- Pour entire contents on top of strawberries and brown sugar.
- Use spoon to smooth cake mix.
- Drop tablespoons of butter on top of cake mix evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until browned and strawberry filling is bubbling.
- Serve immediately.