With it being so humid today, I wanted to make something that would be a nice light, refreshing sort of snack. I had already used some of the Tramezzini in my cucumber sandwiches so I thought I would do something with tomatoes this time.
I bought a basket of fresh Ontario tomatoes on Friday, I am still waiting for mine to ripen, and getting a little concerned about what I am going to do with all the tomatoes that are growing already lol. We love tomatoes, plain, in toasted tomato sandwiches (my favourite), cooked, any old way so it seemed a no brainer to use tomatoes with the rest of the Tramezzini!
I am eating my little cucumber tea sandwiches while I type this post!
This is a very quick and easy recipe, so there are not many ingredients.
I started by softening the cream cheese in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Just enough to make it easier to mix.
I added the oregano and parsley flakes.
I mixed it all up.
Then spread it evenly on the Tramezzini.
Next I sliced the tomatoes up as thin as I could get them.
Then spread them evenly on top of the cream cheese.
Note: At this point you can add anything else you might like… bacon, pepper, onions, cheese, anything that will roll well.
I rolled them up, nice and tight.
And then sliced them and put them on a plate.
A nice light and refreshing snack for a hot day!
Tramezzini with Tomato and Cream Cheese
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 45 seconds Servings: 15
- 3 slices Tramezzini
- 2 – 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- In a microwave safe bowl, soften cream cheese on high for about 45 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and add parsley flakes and oregano. Mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on Tramezzini slices.
- Thinly slice tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes evenly on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Roll Tramezzini tightly, keeping filling and tomatoes in tact while rolling.
- Once they are rolled, slice and serve.