I remember seeing something like this on Pinterest a long time ago and last night when I was trying to think of something different to make for dessert, this came to mind
This recipe is very quick and easy and tastes really good!
This is all you need to make them!
I started by coring and slicing the apples. I put them in a sandwich bag because I was cutting them an hour or so before we were going to eat them and then I squeezed about 1 tbsp. of lemon juice in the bag and shook it, so they didn’t brown too much before we were going to eat them.
When it was time for dessert, I put the chocolate chips in one little microwave safe bowl and the peanut butter in another and microwaved them on high. The peanut butter melted in about 30 seconds, the chocolate chips took about a minute and a half.
Once they were melted I just drizzled each over the sliced apples that I had arranged on a plate while they were melting and the sprinkled that with a few chocolate chips. Apple Nachos!!!
Preparation Time; 10 minutes Cooking Time: 1 1/2 minutes Servings: 2
- 2 large apples, I used red delicious
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Wash, core and slice apples then place in a sandwich bag.
- Squeeze 1 Tbsp. lemon juice into sandwich bag and shake to coat apples. Set aside until you are ready to finish recipe.
- In small, separate microwave safe bowls, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Peanut butter for 30 seconds, chocolate chips for 90 seconds.
- Arrange apple slices on plate.
- Drizzle with melted peanut butter and then melted chocolate chips.
- Top with a sprinkle of the other amount of chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.