When I was at the grocery store, they had some beautiful cauliflower. I couldn’t help myself, I had to buy one for Chris and I for dinner. It of course needed cheese sauce!
I started out with milk, flour, salt, margarine, parmesan and grated cheese, of course.
I melted the margarine in my microwave, in my large measuring cup then added the flour and salt and mixed it into a paste.
The milk was next. I whisked it until smooth.
I microwaved this for 3 minutes on high heat, in one minute increments until it started to thicken.
I added the grated cheese and the parmesan and mixed it up.
Then I microwaved it again on high heat for one more minute, until the cheese melted and it was smooth.
Now all I had to do was pour it over the prepared cauliflower!
Note: Because I had lots left over, I’m thinking about adding some taco seasoning and salsa and making some nacho cheese for a snack!
5 Minute Cheese Sauce
Preparation time : 2 minutes Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Melt margarine in microwave in a large measuring cup on high heat.
- Add flour and salt and whisk into a paste.
- Pour milk in measuring cup and whisk until smooth.
- Microwave on high heat for 3 minutes, stirring every minute until it starts to thicken.
- Add both cheeses and mix.
- Microwave 1 additional minute until smooth and cheese is melted.