Last night I decided to try something a little different for dinner. I made Taco cupcakes. They have pretty much the same ingredients as regular tacos but in a “cupcake,” easier to eat method.
Here are the ingredients I used.
I used wonton wrappers instead of tortillas to make these. I sprayed the cups of my muffin tin with cooking spray and then lined the cups with one wrapper each.
Into each one I added a tablespoon of Refried beans.
Topped that with grated cheese, about a tablespoon each cup.
I quartered the rest of the wonton wrappers and used one quarter in each cup on top of the beans and cheese, pressing it into a cup shape.
I browned and drained the ground beef then added the taco seasoning and water.
I put a tablespoon of the ground beef mixture into each cup.
I sprinkled it with more grated cheese.
Then I baked it at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
I topped the baked cupcakes with sour cream, diced tomatoes and chopped green onions. And served it with Taco Salad, the recipe I will share tomorrow!
Preparation time : 25 minutes Cooking Time : 15 minutes Servings : 12 cupcakes
- 1 lb. Lean ground beef
- 18 wonton wrappers
- 1 can Refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, I used Texas Mex cheese
- 1 Pkg taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray muffin tin cups with cooking spray.
- Line muffin tin cups with 1 wonton wrapper each.
- Put one tablespoon of Refried beans in each cup.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the Refried beans.
- Cut remaining wonton wrappers into quarters.
- Place one quarter of a wonton wrapper on top of the grated cheese.
- Brown ground beef in microwave on high heat until cooked through then drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water to ground beef and mix well.
- Spoon one tablespoon of the ground beef mixture into the cups.
- Top with one tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from oven and top with sour cream, diced tomatoes and chopped green onions.
- Serve immediately.