I had another Dr’s appointment this morning so I am late posting! I should have typed it up last night but we decided to watch a movie. “The Hateful Eight.” It wasn’t too bad, certainly different lol!
When I made the Taco Cupcakes, I wanted something to have with them. I suppose I could have made a regular salad but I knew I had enough of the seasoned ground beef to make this and everyone loved it the last time I made it, so Taco Salad it was!
This is what I used to make my salad.
I started with the ground beef. As I mentioned above, I had some left over from making the cupcakes so I used that. If not, you are going to want to brown and drain about a half pound of lean ground beef and then add taco seasoning and a bit of water then set aside.
Next you are going to rip/cut up your romaine into bite size pieces, chop the tomatoes and chop your green onions. I used pre-grated cheese so I was able to skip a step, if you at using block cheese, grate about 2 cups.
I added the beef, tomatoes, onions and cheese to the lettuce and mixed it up.
And then mixed up a dressing. It was just 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of salsa.
I mixed it up then added it to my salad and tossed to combine.
And that’s it. Everything you would normally have in a taco, other than the shell, in a salad! I great side to any Mexican meal!
You can also add extra grated cheese on top, black olives, anything you would normally eat in a taco.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time (for beef): 15 minutes Servings: 4
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups grated cheese, I used Tex Mex
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, wash and then rip/cut whole head of lettuce.
- Add tomatoes, beef, onions and cheese and toss to combine ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and salsa.
- Pour over salad ingredients and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.