Chris is on holidays this week, which means that he will be looking for breakfast lol.
And since I’ve been trying a variety of Muffin Tin meals, I thought I would make sandwich fillings that will only require toasting an English muffin and reheating the filling once prepared!
Here is what I started this recipe with.
I started by whisking the whole dozen eggs with 1 tbsp. of water.
I cooked and crumbled the bacon and chopped the green onions.
Next I poured the eggs into the muffin tin cups that I sprayed first with cooking spray.
I added the chopped cooked ham in half of them, and bacon in the rest.
Next i sprinkled them withthe green onions. I put about 1 tbsp. in each cup.
And then the grated cheese. About the same 1 tablespoon per cup.
I baked them at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. And now they are ready for the sandwiches!
When you want to make a sandwich with them, just toast an English muffin or two, reheat the filling in the microwave for about 90 seconds and you have a less than 5 minute breakfast!
Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
Preparation time : 15 minutes Cooking Time : 25 minutes Servings : 12
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped crumbled bacon, about 4 slices
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 12 English muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray muffin tin cups with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs in large measuring cup with 1 tbsp. Water
- Chop onions and cook and crumble the bacon.
- Pour the eggs evenly into the prepared muffin tin cups.
- Add ham in half and bacon in the other.
- Toss about 1 tbsp. of green onion into each cup.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese, again about 1 tbsp. per cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan by running a knife around the perimeter and popping them out.
- I am storing mine in the fridge separated by squares of parchment paper so they don’t stick together.
- When you want a sandwich, toast an English muffin and reheat the egg filling in the microwave for about 90 seconds. Put sandwich together and enjoy!