This morning I made a couple dozen Pumpkin Spice Donuts for a treat and for lunch box snacks this coming week! Let me tell you, they are delicious! And any reason to bake with pumpkin is very welcome.
Chris says they would be even better if I were to put some kind of cream cheese icing on them lol, maybe next time Chris!!!
Dillon said he wasn’t going to eat heart shaped donuts, but did manage to scarf down 2 while they were still nice and warm! Men!!!
These are the ingredients.
This is a very easy and quick recipe. You begin by adding everything to the bowl of your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl if you are using an electric mixer.
Beat to combine.
Add the flour and mix until just blended.
Lightly spray your donut pans with cooking spray. (My donut pans are heart shaped lol. One day, after Valentine’s Day, we were out shopping and I saw them on clearance for $2 a pan so I grabbed two of them. Baking is always made with love so it seemed perfect!)
I poured half the batter into an icing bag to make filling the pans easier and neater. I just filled it up and cut off the end big enough to pipe into the donut pan spaces.
Here is the first batch ready for the oven. I baked them for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
And here is the first batch, fresh from the oven! I let them sit in the pans for 5 minutes to cool. I am sure you can imagine how wonderful the house smells right now! Pumpkin spice! What an aroma!
Once they had cooled for 5 minutes, I removed them to a plate and one at a time, put them in a bag with cinnamon sugar and carefully tossed them to coat with the sugar mixture.
All of them coated with the wonderful cinnamon sugar!
Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Servings: 2 dozen donuts
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups White Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cinnamon/spice sugar (I made my own by mixing together 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/2 tsp allspice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray donut pan spaces with cooking spray.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat together everything but flour and cinnamon sugar.
- Once beaten, add flour and beat just to combine.
- Pour half of donut batter into icing bag, cut tip off big enough to evenly fill donut spaces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and toss carefully in cinnamon sugar to coat.