Tonight’s dinner was a bit of a last minute effort. I spent the day cleaning and preparing lunch for company tomorrow so although I had taken ground beef out of the freezer I had no clue what I was going to make with it… I didn’t decided until about an hour before dinner. Talk about cutting it close! Phew!
These are the ingredients I dug out of the cupboard to make this recipe.
I began my mixing together the lean ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, minced garlic, dried rosemary and Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce until it was all combined. I let it sit for about 5 minutes for the bread crumbs to absorb some of the other good stuff.
When it was ready to work with, I laid out the bacon on wax paper, 2 1/2 pieces on each of the two wax paper sheets.
I divided the beef mixture between the two and pressed it into a large rectangle, covering the bacon strips.
I sprinkled the ground beef with a triple cheddar mix grated cheese.
And then rolled them up, keeping the cheese inside the roll.
I transferred them to my prepared baking pan (I lined it with aluminum foil first and then parchment paper) and then brushed them with some more of the BBQ sauce.
I cooked them at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, pulled them out of the oven and sprinkled with the remaining cheese. I returned them to the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese melted.
I removed them from the oven, transferred them to a cutting board and cut it into slices. One of them was plenty for “the boys” for dinner so I will freeze the other for another night’s dinner! Gotta love having prepared meals in the freezer!
I served them with boiled carrots and crispy roast potatoes… I will post this recipe in the next few days!
Bacon & Cheese Rolled Meatloaf
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp. Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. dried Rosemary
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 + 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 5 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pan with aluminum foil and then parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, bbq sauce, egg, rosemary and minced garlic. Combine well.
- Arrange bacon strips onto two sheets of wax paper, 2 1/2 strips per sheet of wax paper.
- Divide ground beef mixture between the bacon strips on the two pieces of wax paper. Press into a large rectangle, covering the bacon strips.
- Sprinkle the ground beef with the first amount of grated cheese.
- Roll the meatloaf, with the bacon on the outside of the roll, keeping the cheese inside.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Brush with second amount of bbq sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with second amount of grated cheese and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.