Yesterday we had company. Chris’ brother, his girlfriend and each of their kids. It has been a long time since we have had young ones running around the house and let me tell you, they broke me lol. I was so tired when they left I had an hour and a half nap!
We had a nice visit and we made one of our favourite grilled chicken recipes. It is very easy to make and tastes delicious.
This is going to be a busy week with 3 doctor’s appointments but I will try to keep up with our posts in between appointments!
Here is what I used.
Thaw your chicken breasts. They don’t have to be totally thawed but enough so that you can separate them to get them on the grill.
In a mason jar, that’s what I use, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, oregano and parmesan.
Shake it really well to combine.
Place chicken breasts on cleaned grill to begin cooking.
When chicken breasts are almost cooked through, start brushing with olive oil mixture to coat.
Turn and again, coat this side with the olive oil mixture and grill until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove to plate and serve immediately. Discard and leftover olive oil mixture.
Enjoy! Here is the rest of our nice lunch from yesterday. We had a nice lunch of Garlic and Parmesan grilled chicken, Caesar salad, sliced veggies and cheese, BLT Pasta salad and a loaf of homemade bread! And of course, a nice visit. I will update some time this week with the BLT Pasta salad I made as well!
Grilled Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Servings: 6
- 11 – 12 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- Preheat grill/bbq and clean grills.
- In a mason jar, combine olive oil, parmesan, minced garlic and oregano.
- Shake well to combine.
- Place chicken breasts on bbq grill when ready and grill until almost fully cooked.
- Start brushing chicken breasts with olive oil mixture.
- Grill until chicken is fully cooked, turn and brush underside with olive oil mixture.
- Cook until chicken is done and nicely browned.
- Serve immediately.