As I mentioned in my previous post, this is a really busy week for me between Dr’s appointments and other things so I am really not sure if I will even get any sort of crafts done this week.
I am going to be making 3 kinds of soup this week for someone I know who isn’t feeling well and then a carrot cake for a birthday party this weekend, so I will try to fill up the “dead air” lol, with recipes instead and get back to my crafting next week before I start jonesing for a project!
This post will be the steps and recipe I used to make a BLT Pasta salad for our lunch with family this past Monday! I hope everyone had a safe and happy Labour Day!
Below are the ingredients I used for the salad.
I started off by cooking the pasta and then chopping the tomatoes.
I added the oregano garlic powder, sour cream, mayonnaise and yogurt to the tomatoes and mixed it well.
Next I cooked the bacon. I cooked it in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, on parchment paper this time.
I drained it on paper towel and then cut it up into small pieces and set it aside. I added the grated cheese to the tomato mixture and stirred to combine.
Once the pasta was done I drained it, rinsed it with cold water and then drained it again.
I added the tomato mixture and mixed it well.
Once this was mixed up I added the cut up bacon and mixed to spread the bacon throughout.
I left it like this overnight. About an hour before serving I transferred it to a larger bowl and added the chopped romaine and stirred it until the romaine was spread evenly throughout the pasta.
I topped it with more grated cheese and served it with the other parts of the meal.
BLT Pasta Salad
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes for the pasta/15 minutes for the bacon Servings: 8
- 4 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cups chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes into bite size pieces in a medium bowl.
- Add oregano, garlic powder, first amount of grated cheese, sour cream, yogurt and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Cook bacon, if you haven’t already. I cooked mine on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, until it was crispy.
- Add tomato mixture to cooked/rinsed pasta and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cut up bacon on top of pasta/tomato mixture and mix to even distribute bacon.
- Continue, or refrigerate overnight. (You do not want to add romaine until just before serving or it will wilt)
- Add romaine to pasta mixture and stir to spread romaine evenly throughout.
- Top with second amount of grated cheese and serve.