I make this dessert a lot in the winter. It is warm, chocolatey, gooey and just an all round delicious dessert. I know it isn’t winter yet but it is fairly cool our right now so it seemed as good a time as any to make it again!
Here are all my ingredients, well except for the brown sugar because I always seem to forget to include something in the pictures! (Please excuse the gigantic bag of flour, I forgot to refill the bag I usually keep it in lol)
I started by mixing the white sugar, cocoa, salt, cinnamon and baking powder in my small roast pan. (The pan I usually use has the new mac & cheese recipe I tried in it)
Next I added the flour and mixed that into the cocoa mixture.
Now I added the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
And mixed this until it was smooth.
Next step is to sprinkle the brown sugar, second amount of cocoa and second amount of cinnamon all over the top of the prepared batter.
I poured 2 cups of boiling water over the top of the entire thing.
And baked it uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
You can see the nice gooey chocolate sauce in the picture above. I scooped some into a bowl and served it with coffee for dessert
Cinnamon Chocolate Pudding Cake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in small roast/baking pan.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour milk, vegetable oil and vanilla into flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, 2nd amount of cocoa and 2nd amount of cinnamon over top of cake batter.
- Pour the boiling water over entire mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Serve straight from oven with ice cream, optional