This is the recipe for Chocolate chip cookies that I have used for years. I use it for my Cookie Grams (which I will try to do a post about in the next few weeks) and just plain old chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is so easy that even Chris can make it lol…. sorry Chris!
Each year I make about 24 Cookie Grams for my mother-in-law for her clients. One year we made it a family event, assembly line sort of thing. Chris was in charge of actually making the cookie dough in my KitchenAid. He now thinks he is not only a Chocolate chip cookie pro, but also a KitchenAid whiz lol! At least he helped, right?
These are the ingredients. Nothing secret or anything, it just works!
I start by creaming together the butter/margarine (either works fine) with the brown sugar in the bowl of my stand mixer, until fluffy.
Next I add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until it is all combined.
The flour, baking soda and salt go in next.
And I mix it until all of the dry ingredients are mixed in.
I finally add the chocolate chips…..
…. and then mix it until they are just combined.
I drop by spoonful/scoopfuls onto my parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
And bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges are browned and the middle doesn’t look wet any longer (we like them chewy).
And that’s it. Delicious chocolate chip cookies!
My Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 10 -12 minutes per batch Servings: 48 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup butter/margarine, slightly softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for chocolate chips, to butter/sugar/egg mixture and beat until all dry ingredients are mixed in.
- Pour in chocolate chips and beat until just combined.
- Drop by spoonful’s onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes until edges are browned.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.