Today I decided to try a bit of a twist on Chocolate Chip cookies. I added mint! The cookie batter itself looks like chocolate mint ice cream which made it hard to resist… good thing I have an aversion to raw cookie dough lol!
Here is what I started off with. Do you like my new canisters lol? I got them at a second hand store near here. I thought they looked vintage and sort of country so I grabbed them.
I started by adding the butter/margarine and sugar to the bowl of my stand mixer.
And beat it for about 3 minutes, until very creamy.
Next I added the eggs, peppermint extract and green food colouring. I put my food colouring onto the batter on the beater attachment because it is gel food colouring. If you are using liquid, you can just add a few drops to the batter.
Beat another 2 minutes, adding more food colouring if needed to achieve a nice mint green colour.
In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and then add them to the liquid ingredients in the mixer bowl.
Beat until fully combined.
With the mixer still running, start to add chocolate chips. I tried to take a picture as I was doing it but it didn’t turn out so well.
This is when it looks like ice cream more than cookie batter lol.
Drop by rounded spoonful’s onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges are starting to brown and middle looks just dry.
Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet then remove to plate.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 10 – 12 minutes Servings: 5 – 6 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter/margarine
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- green food colouring
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, add butter and sugar.
- Beat together for about 3 minutes until creamy.
- Add eggs, food colouring and peppermint extract.
- Beat for another 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into stand mixer with liquid ingredients.
- Beat until well combined.
- With mixer still running, add chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping spoonful onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to platter.