I noticed yesterday that I was running out of lunch snacks! Oh no! Even though I pretty much strap a feed bag on for their lunch boxes I still like to send them full. Dillon is always telling me there is no way he can eat all of it in one night, but I am one of those people with an innate need to feed people and they are my lucky victims/recipients lol!
So here is my favourite chocolate brownies recipe!
These are the ingredients I use. Things you almost always have on hand.
I begin by adding the sugar, cocoa and melted butter/margarine to the bowl of my stand mixer and mixing it until you have a well combined but grainy batter to start.
I add the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each addition.
Beat until smooth.
Add the flour.
And beat until smooth and all the flour is mixed in fully.
Pour into prepared baking pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
Let cool completely then ice brownies and cut into squares.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 30 -40 minutes Servings: 18 brownies
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- chocolate icing, your favourite
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper or generously grease bottom of pan.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat together melted margarine, sugar and cocoa powder until grainy but combined.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beat until smooth.
- Add flour and beat until all of flour is fully blended in.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out almost clean.
- Let cool completely then ice with your favourite chocolate frosting.