I have been seeing these everywhere! They looked so delicious that I just had to give them a try. And was it ever worth trying! If you love pumpkin pie, you will love Pumpkin Pie Bombs!
Here are the ingredients I used.
To begin, you mix the cream cheese (which I forgot to put in the picture) with the white and brown sugars until creamy.
Add the pumpkin puree and spices.
Mix until combined.
Add the egg yolk and vanilla.
And stir until smooth.
Roll our the crescent roll dough. Pinch seams, cut into 8 squares and place a tablespoon of filling in the middle of each square.
Pull in the corners and pinch together, sealing the filling inside and place in parchment paper lined pan.
Brush with melted butter/margarine and sprinkle with white sugar and cinnamon.
Bake at 375 for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow to cool and prepare icing by mixing together the milk and icing sugar. Drizzle icing over top of pumpkin pie bombs and enjoy.
Pumpkin Pie Bombs
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes Servings: 8 bombs
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. butter/margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, cream together cream cheese, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree and spices, stir to combine.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Roll out crescent roll dough. Pinch seams and cut into 8 squares.
- Place 1 tbsp. of filling in centre of each square.
- Fold in corners and seal at bottom with filling inside.
- Brush each one with melted butter/ margarine and sprinkle with second amounts of white sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Prepare icing by mixing together icing sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle over bombs and enjoy.